SMC's Lite Alloy Steel Locking D is without question the most popular carabiner that SMC manufactures. You'll have to look long and hard for a lighter weight steel carabiner that meets the NFPA G ratings. Aptly described as a hybrid, the Lite Alloy incorporates a stainless steel gate and locking sleeve for superb action, greater strength and exceptional reliability. The sleeve locks on the gate rather than the body of the carabiner, eliminating problems of the knob binding on the frame once the carabiner has been loaded.
All the components in this carabiner are meticulously hand-finished after machining resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. Additionally, each Lite Alloy carabiner is 100% hand-inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving SMC's factory.
If you want a carabiner that will outlast all your other gear (unless also made by SMC) and which may be counted on to perform just as well after 1,000 jobs as it did the first time you used it, then you need to accept nothing less than an SMC Lite Alloy.
Black zinc plated finish for tactical operations.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL Certified to meet NFPA 1983 "G" General Use.
- Manufactured using high quality alloy steel.
- Unique “hybrid” design utilizes stainless steel for gates and other internal parts insuring silky smooth and trouble-free performance for the life of the carabiner.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate not the frame thus prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
- Made in the USA.
- Major axis– 45kN (10,116 lbf)
- Minor axis– 12kN (2,697 lbf)
- Gate open– 11kN (2,473 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- Made In USA
- SMC Model #: NFPA100007
- PMI Model #: SM100007N
- Dimensions: 4.52" x 2.76"
- Gate opening: 0.94”
- Weight: 6.6 oz (187g)
- 3 Sigma test: