NER KMIII 1/2" Static Short Rope - 52' - Red/WhiteThese 'short ropes' are exactly that: Shorter lengths of first quality NER KMIII rope left over from the cutting of full length ropes at CMC, at half price. Quantities are one of each, so if you see something you like, it is best to grab it when you see it.
A superior handling rescue rope, New England Ropes KM III static kernmantle rope features composite construction, with the continuous filament polyester sheath braided over a continuous nylon fiber core. Featuring a weight-balanced construction with the sheath and the core each representing half the total weight, KM III is torque-balanced to eliminate any spin during a rappel. This provides excellent handling and knot-holding characteristics, as well as rugged protection from abrasion and cutting. The polyester sheath provides added protection from ultraviolet light and chemicals harmful to nylon, while reducing the strength loss and weight gain that occurs when nylon absorbs water.
The following specifications apply to all diameters of New England KM III:
- Certification — UL Classified to NFPA 1983 Standard on Life Safety Rope and Equipment for Emergency Services, 2017 Edition.
- Construction — Block creel, static kernmantle.
- Fiber — Core is 100% nylon. Sheath is 100% high-tenacity polyester.
- Sheath — 32-strand braided, with half the strands having a left (Z) twist and the other half having a right (S) twist for a balanced, torque-free rope with maximum abrasion resistance.
- Rating — NFPA General Use for 13 mm (1/2 in); NFPA Technical Use for 9.5 mm (3/8 in) and 11 mm (7/16 in)
- Temperature — Melt point 460° F (238° C).
- Made in the USA