Petzl Rig - New, Improved Design!
RIG is a compact self-braking descender designed for experienced rope access workers. It has an ergonomic handle that allows comfortable descent control.
The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at the work station without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle.
The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the harness, facilitating passage of intermediate anchors. The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone.
- Designed for experienced rope access workers
- Ease of use:
- easy rope installation, thanks to the rope guide and markings
- ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released and enables convenient control of the descent
- two possible descent modes: on the side plate or in the V-shaped friction channel
- AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at the work station without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device: as soon as the user releases the handle, the rope is automatically locked in the device The automatic return system on the handle limits the risk of the device getting accidentally snagged
- once blocked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle, allowing for easy short ascents, for example (by adding a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp)
- cam can be manipulated for taking up slack easily or for belaying a lead using climbing techniques
- safety gate on the moving side plate allows the rope to be installed while the device remains connected to the harness, facilitating the passage of intermediate anchors
- handle automatically switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness
- The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone
- Lowering of heavy loads up to 200 kg / 441 pounds (more information on this technique in the product's Instructions for Use and in the technical advice at www.petzl.com)
- Available in two colors: yellow and black