CMC Rescue MPD - 7/16" (11 mm)
UL Classified to NFPA 1983 - General Use
Rapid conversion to a retrieval line makes it ideal for confined space operations.
Developed during four years of research & testing, the CMC MPD is the next major advance in technical hardware for professional rope rescuers - a multi-purpose device that performs all functions for main lines, belay/safety lines, tag lines and hoisting lines. The MPD can be used to tension high lines and guiding lines. Training and on-scene rigging can be greatly simplified by having a single device. Rescue system changeover from a lowering system to a raising system becomes faster and safer by eliminating the need to switch out and replace hardware.
- Variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
- High efficiency pulley with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
- Rescue belay device
- Meets BCCTR Rescue Belay Competency Criteria
- Becket allows rigging cleaner and more efficient pulley systems
- For use with 7/16 in. (11mm) rope
- Allows the main line and belay line rigging to be mirror images
- Functions as lowering brake and as ratcheting pulley for raising
- CMC Part# 333010