CMC Rescue Escape Artist - Improved!
The Most Advanced Escape Descent Control Device Available
UL Classified to NFPA 1983 - Escape
The Escape Artist offers what most other escape devices do not - a hands-free edge transition and a controllable descent. The Escape Artist pays out the rope smoothly and then locks when loaded, allowing both hands to be used to negotiate the exit. Squeezing the lever gives the user control of the descent rate. Intended for the most extreme conditions, the Escape Artist's all-metal construction and minimum number of parts provides durability and reliable performance. The Escape Artist is intended to be pre-rigged on an escape line, and kept ready for immediate use. The improved handle is located inside the side plates, reducing the potential of catching on an edge. It also provides increased mechanical advantage for easier control, while maintaining all of the high-performance features of the original design.
Escape Artist features:
- Patented auto-locking allows hands-free edge transitions
- Variable friction allows user to control rate of descent
- Works equally well with or without gloves of any type
- Constructed of aluminum and stainless steel
- Compact and lightweight - only 6.5 oz. (184g)
- Fits escape lines from 7.5 to 9.0mm in diameter