CMC 3D Locking-Bar Descender - NFPA
CMC's new 3D locking-bar descender delivers the ultimate in safety, control and performance, in one compact and lightweight device. The 3D features two sliding bars for optimum friction control and efficiency. The horn design works well with 13mm rope and smaller, making it easy to add or subtract friction as needed throughout the evolution. The frame dimensions allow for larger rescue-sized carabiners to be used without any contact or friction with the rope. The descender can be loaded or unloaded while connected to your harness for rappelling or to an anchor for one- or two-person rescue lowers.
- Compact, lightweight design
- 3-stage "locking" center bar for added safety
- Ambidextrous design allows loading from top or bottom or controlling descent from either side of device
- Optimal rack length allows two rescue-sized carabiners to be attached without rope contact or friction from carabiner
- Large horn size allows for easy addition or subtraction of friction, even on larger 13mm lifeline
- Personal descender or use for one person or two-person rescue lowers
- Simple to lock off device on either side
- Straight feed design does not put twists in rope
- Allows attachment of rope while device is connected to a harness or anchor
- 100% aircraft-grade aluminum and stainless steel components
- Made in USA, of foreign and domestic components
About CMC Rescue’s Super Black Finish
CMC's 3D, Rescue Rack and Rescue 8 products feature an exceptionally long-wear proprietary finish because typical hard or soft anodizing on aluminum descenders eventually wears through. The finish also prevents transfer of material to the rope, common with bare aluminum components. After years of heavy use, CMC's products and test samples with their Super Black Finish continue to be used in CMC Rescue School classes without showing any indication of the surface wearing through.