SMC Rescue 8 - NFPA
The Russ Anderson/SMC Figure 8 (with ears) is one of the most popular full-sized descenders used by professionals throughout the rescue, fire service, police/tactical and industrial/work related markets. This is the smaller of two sizes of Figure 8 (the other is a non-NFPA model) this model is ideal for working with a single or a double wrap of rope up to 1/2'' in diameter. The ''ears'' of this design help to eliminate the potential for ropes slipping up into a girth hitch and also make it easier to ''tie off'' when on rappel. product. The oval carabiner hole doubles as a belay plate for up to 1/2'' rope. Machined from 1/2'' thick, solid aluminum, heat-treated bar and then finished with a very tough, hard-anodized finish for extra durability.
- NFPA Certified for both Light & General use
- Certified by Underwriter's Laboratories to exceed the NFPA 1983 - Technical Use rating on 9.5mm to 12.5mm rope.
- Certified by Underwriter's Laboratories to exceed the NFPA 1983 - General Use rating on 11mm to 16mm rope.
All SMC NFPA products are stamped with the required certification information and the user information is enclosed with each item as required by NFPA.
- Mountain & Urban Rescue
- Industrial-Work related
- Tactical—Military & Law Enforcement
- Fire Departments
- Mountaineering & Caving
- Model #: NFPA128701
- Material: High Quality Aluminum
- Finish: Hard-coat anodized
- Dimensions: 6” x 5.25” x 0.5”
- Weight: 6.5 oz (184g)
- Max. Rope size: Double to 1/2” (12.5mm)
- 3 Sigma test: 32kN (7,194 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- Made In USA