SMC NFPA Extra Large Steel Rescue Carabiner
The SMC X-Large Locking Steel Carabiner is manufactured in Washington State using high quality Alloy Steel for optimal ratio of strength to weight. The off set D shape results in a steel rescue carabiner with a larger gate opening that easily fits over litter rails. The sleeve locks on the gate rather than the body of the carabiner, eliminating problems of the sleeve binding on the frame once the carabiner has been loaded.
All the components found in this steel rescue carabiner are meticulously hand-finished after machining, resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. Additionally, each carabiner is 100% hand inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving the SMC factory. We have never had an SMC product of any kind returned to us for a quality issue; they are made just that well.
The X-Large Locking Steel carabiners are third party certified by Underwriters Laboratories to meet NFPA 1983 "G" General Use.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate, not the frame, which prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
- Offset D shape results in larger gate opening.
- SMC Model#: NFPA20003
- PMI Model#: SM20003N
- Material: Steel Alloy
- Finish: Zinc Plated
- Dimensions: 5.7" x 3.5"
- Gate opening: 1.45"
- Weight: 12.2 oz (346g)
- 3 Sigma test:
- Major axis: 54kN (12,139 lbf)
- Minor axis: 13kN (2,922 lbf)
- Gate open: 14kN (3,147 lbf)
- NFPA1983 Certified
- Made In USA