The NEW Standard by which all technical rope texts will be judged.
Thoroughly researched, comprehensive, and easily understood. Covers everything from forming and training a rescue team to traverse engineering. Beginners and advanced rescue technicians will learn from and enjoy this entertaining and educational book. A practical look at rope resuce systems from the point of view of an experienced professional, each chapter features exciting stories and real life situations. The book provides a complete look at team integrity and development issues as well as team efficiency concepts that create a superior survival profile for users. Interesting, current, and sometimes controversial topics within the rescue community are featured throughout.
- Photographs and illustrations highlight safety techniques and system rigging concepts
- Written by an internationally known rope rescue expert
- Exciting real-life rescue stories captivate the reader and apply learned concepts
- Complete examination of team integrity training issues leads to increased survival of victims and rescuers
- Uses the fundamentals of physics to study basic interactions with rope rescue equipment, allowing the user to develop the art of rope rescue
By Michael G. Brown, 322 pages