Discount for Public Service Personnel
|Service. We at rescueDIRECT.com vividly remember the horror of the Twin Towers collapsing on a grim September morning. Who can forget the images of ash covered people running with an avalanche of dust and debris in chase? We remember the service of the rescue personnel who helped, and especially the sacrifice of those that helped and did not live to share their stories.|
We still can recall a sky too blue, devoid of jet contrails as our own passenger planes were grounded after being used as weapons against the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
Of course 9-11 is an event that helped to shape our view of heroic public service, but it is only one of many...
Photo Courtesy of FEMA
Photo Copyright and courtesy of Doug Larson
and the Ottawa Daily Times newspaper.
|In April of 2004, our own town experienced an F3 tornado that destroyed historic structures and claimed 8 lives. Rescue crews from around the Midwest rushed in to help a small community of 800 people cope with tragedy and loss. News media from across the nation descended on the tiny village of Utica to help tell the story. The comment was often made by the local people, "This is like our own 9-11..." and so it was, and we had our view of heroic service localized.|
Firefighters, rescue workers, EMT personnel, police officers and military members put their safety on the line every minute of every day for the greater good of the general population. They (you) are the untold heroes and we would like to offer some reward. We are aware that many service workers must purchase their own gear and so we extend to each of them a 10% discount on their order. If you are in the public service sector as either an individual member or as a department or squad, just use the coupon code SERVICE during Checkout and 10% will automatically be deducted from your order. This is a small attempt at repayment on our part for a very large debt that we are aware the public owes you.
Thanks for your service.
Mark, Tom and the Staff of rescueDIRECT.com.
Conditions to qualify for the discount are few:
- You must be a member of a Fire Department, Rescue Squad, Police Department, EMS crew or member of the Armed Forces.
- Departments or Squads and their purchasing agents are eligible for discount.
- We're sorry, eBay purchases will not qualify for the additinal 10% discount. We pay large fees to eBay and the additional discount will probably put the item's final total below our cost. Any qualifying item you purchase from the website while paying for your eBay item(s) WILL be eligible for the discount, however.
- Litters, Stretchers, CON-SPACE Systems, and items on sale do not qualify. Call 1-888-667-7170 for more details.
- This is an honor system. Enough said on that.