Petzl B71 ASAP Fall Arrester w/ Triact Autolocking Carabiner
For use on 10.5 to 13 mm (7/16" to 1/2") safety rope
The ASAP was developed and certified as personal protective equipment for fall arrest: that is, to stop a fall of one person (test weight: 100 kg). In general, any two person dynamic load on a PPE system is prohibited due to the risk of high impact forces. The ASAP is not designed to arrest a two-person fall. Each person should have his own fall arrest system.
- Stops a fall, slide or uncontrolled descent
- Locks even if the device is grabbed during a fall
- Works on vertical or angled rope
- Moves along the rope without manual intervention (downwards and upwards)
- Easy to install and remove at any point on the rope
- CE EN 353 2 Certification
- 350 g + carabiner (77 g) = 427 g.
- Comes with the OK TRIACT automatic locking carabiner
In rope rescue / rappel pick-off situations, hanging immobile in a harness, regardless of the model used, can cause serious physiological harm. Being suspended can aggravate an injury, a state of shock or a loss of consciousness. That is why work at height teams must be trained in order to immediately and quickly rescue an accident victim who cannot perform a self-rescue.