High Angle Rescue Techniques Book AND Field Guide Package, 3rd Edition
|Quantity in Basket:
|High Angle Rescue Techniques Book AND Field Guide Package, 3rd Edition|
By Tom Vines and Steve Hudson
432 pp., Approx. 700 illustrations, Copyright 2005
Knowledge of high angle rescue is vital to many emergency service personnel. High Angle Rescue Techniques’ unique step-by-step approach to instruction facilitates the learning process for both trainers and students. The 3rd edition of High Angle Rescue Techniques offers the latest in compliance with nationally recognized standards set by NFPA, OSHA, and ANSI.
- Compliant to NFPA, OSHA, and ANSI standards
- Covers everything you need to know about High Angle Rescue, even for managers!
- Standards are listed at the beginning of each chapter and addressed in the body of the text for that chapter
- All chapters have prerequisites, objectives, key terms, and review questions
- Warning boxes and Caution boxes emphasize critical points
Contributions from the leading authorities in rescue, including experts such as Ken Phillips, Search and Rescue Coordinator for Grand Canyon National Park; Dr. Michael Callahan, a leading authority in rescue medicine in the U.S. and overseas; Loui McCurley, a widely recognized authority on equipment standards and testing; and Jim Kovach, a prominent fire rescue instructor.
New to this Edition
- Now in full color, the design is visually engaging and aids in understanding concepts
- New Pocket Guide, included with every text, condenses information from the book into a manual readers can take with them anywhere they go
- NFPA boxes show which chapters address which NFPA standards, ensuring that the team is meeting NFPA guidelines
- Chapter on rescue preplanning and response covers planning for an incident, managing a team, troubleshooting problems, and wrapping up, providing thorough preparation
- Chapter on Litters provides in-depth information on how to use litters in patient transport with an emphasis on safety
- Tower safety section teaches readers how to handle rescues in the hazardous and ever-present setting of cell phone towers
- Helicopter operations chapter features safe procedures for operating around a helicopter, how to choose a suitable helispot, and limitations and hazards of helicopter rescue, guaranteeing safe, efficient helicopter rescue
- Highline Rescue facts give the reader safe, efficient highline rope rescue techniques
- New chapter on testing equipment explains how to detect worn and stressed ropes and other equipment, which is vital to personal safety
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The High Angle Environment Chapter 2 Personal Equipment and Protection Chapter 3 Rescue Rope and Related Equipment Chapter 4 Care and Use of Rescue Rope and Related Equipment Chapter 5 Use and Care of Basic High Angle Rescue Hardware Chapter 6 Tying Basic Knots for Rescue Chapter 7 Anchoring for High Angle Operations Chapter 8 Belaying of One-Person loads Chapter 9 Rappelling Chapter 10 Basic Ascending Techniques Chapter 11 Organizing the Team and Managing the Rescue, Medical Considerations for Rescuers* Chapter 12 Rescue Belaying Chapter 13 Pickoff Rescue Techniques Chapter 14 Litters: Packaging and Rigging, Medical Considerations for Litter Patients* Chapter 15 Slope Evacuation in Rescue Chapter 16 High Angle Lowering for Rescue Chapter 17 Hauling Systems for Rescue Chapter 18 Towers: Safety Considerations and Rescue Approaches* Chapter 19 Highlines for Rescue* Chapter 20 Special Rescue Problems* Chapter 21 Helicopter Operations for the Rescue Technician * Chapter 22 Testing of Rescue Systems and Equipment* Appendix A Standards Setting Organizations and Further Reading Appendix B High Angle Skills Checklists